iD Inspirations Loose Lay
Allura Flex Wood 100cm X 20cm x 5mm
Allura Flex Wood 120cm X 20cm x 5mm
Allura Flex Wood 150cm X 28cm x 5mm
Allura Flex Wood 150cm X 28cm x 4mm
Vinyl Plank Flooring
Make the Switch to Vinyl Plank Flooring
Are you remodelling your home? Want the classic hardwood floor look? If you are looking for a more affordable alternative to hardwood flooring, vinyl plank flooring is what you need. Not only are they easier to maintain, but they are just as durable. This type of flooring has become popular over the years because of how well it passes for actual hardwood floors.
What You Should Know About Wood Look Vinyl Flooring
The plank flooring comes in long narrow strips rather than squares, which gives it a more hardwood look. While the flooring looks like hardwood, it has more elasticity, so standing on it for long periods will not hurt your feet.
- Choose the right colour. Now that you have chosen to use vinyl flooring, you need to decide on the right hue to complement the colour of your walls and the furnishings in the room. Remember the rule that darker colours make rooms look smaller while lighter colours give the impression that the room is larger and airier.
- Maintenance. To maintain your new floors, beware when moving any heavy furniture, don’t slide any furnishings but instead lift them. These floors are easily maintained, with only needing basic routine cleaning for long-lasting service. You can even add underfloor heating without fear of destroying your new flooring.
- Cleaning. You need to seep wood-look vinyl flooring daily and use a damp mop to eliminate any residual dirt. You shouldn’t leave a floor wet – it should dry within 20 seconds. To mop your flooring, mix water with a neutral floor cleaner and gently run the mop over it.
Benefits of Waterproof Vinyl Planks
Vinyl flooring has become popular among homeowners who want the look and feel of hardwood floors without the hassle of high maintenance. They are designed with moisture-resistant materials, and installing these types of flooring offers many benefits to your home or office.
- Versatile. You can use vinyl flooring in any and every room in your home. With it mimicking the look of hardwood, you can now have the sophisticated wood look in your bathroom without having to worry about warping.
- Prevents moisture build-up. Moisture is found all over our homes, from leaking pipes to steam build-up in bathrooms. A build-up of damp will encourage the growth of mould and mildew. With the vinyl floors being waterproof, they don’t absorb any liquid and prevent any damp from building up.
- Affordable. Everyone looks for ways to save money and choosing to use vinyl flooring instead of hardwood, will prevent you from breaking the bank. The two types are almost entirely identical in terms of design and look because of the materials used to make vinyl flooring, and they are much more affordable than hardwood.
About DIY Floors
Since 2008 we have been a family-operated Australian-owned business that is passionate about floors. We offer our customers advice on which floors would suit their needs, how to install them and maintenance care.
Contact us or visit our showroom for all your vinyl flooring needs.